February 7, 2014 at 7:07 pm
Post count: 8
Yes, Gold is a high end Mill member.
Here is a more thorough enumeration of Gold’s 33 pipelines:
- 8 pipes that do single output “reader” operations
- 4 pipes that can do either integer (including multiply) or binary floating point (also including multiply) operations
- 4 pipes that can only do integer (not including multiply) operations
- 4 pipes that can do either immediate constant, load/store or control transfer (branch, call) operations
- 4 pipes that can do either immediate constant or load/store operations
- 4 pipes that can do pick operations
- 5 pipes that can do “writer” operations
There is a bit more to it than that, but those are the major units of interest.